Welcome to the login for NZ Ethics RM
Please log in using the 'Log in' button on the top right-hand corner of this page.
ERM Update 25/03/2022 - Version 1.27
Please note that updating a form will wipe any signatures and these will need to be re-obtained. This is a minor update and is not mandatory. Forms created before 25/03/2022 are still able to be submitted.
HDEC Forms Update:
- An 'administrative section' to import details from the main application has been added to post-approval forms. This will fix the issue some applicants have had with the correct study title and/or CI details not appearing on HDEC approval letters.
- The administrative section in amendment forms may edited in the event of a change of Coordinating Investigator or study title.
- The screening algorithm has been revised and should now allow observational studies that involve tissue to be submitted.
- The COG option on the amendment form will now correctly unlock the form.
22.10.21 – ETHICS RM Forms Update
This update introduces a new form and a few miscellaneous bug fixes across other forms.
Please note that updating a form to version 1.24 will invalidate any active signatures on it. These will need to be requested again before submission.
New sub-form – Additional Signature/Contact Request
- This form has been created for researchers to add additional signature requests and contacts which do not require HDEC approval to a study (e.g. additional investigators, Sponsor representatives or localities).
- If miscellaneous documents are required to be submitted to HDECs (e.g. for regulatory reasons) they can be included in this form.
- Please do not use this form to submit documents that were missed off a main application as they cannot be transferred across. Please contact the HDEC Secretariat if an application is submitted with missing documentation.
- This form can be used for both HDEC and SCOTT submissions.
- All sub-forms should now automatically be assigned to the parent committee of the main application by the system. This was an issue that was affecting some HDEC final reports.
HDEC Application Form
- Additional fixes and tweaks to the screening form. If you still encounter issues with two or zero pathways displaying please email firstname.lastname@example.org
HDEC Amendment Form:
- Selecting the submission of non-standard conditions will now correctly display a document upload button.
SCOTT Post-Approval Form
- The SCOTT annual progress form has been corrected to ask for total global numbers of participants only, not numbers for each site in the study.
Note on progress reports - we are aware of the issue with progress reports requiring a mandatory non-substantial supporting document and a safety report for cases where they are not relevant. Please add a supporting document stating 'no non substantial amendments' etc. for the time being - we will remove this requirement in due course.
ETHICS RM enables us to make changes easily, however, they require a 'refresh' for users - so we will wait a few days to check for further bugs and then release an update.
All updates will be listed here. Bug fixes will not invalidate or affect you studies, and any substantive changes will involve a lead in time.
Two ETHICS RM training videos are available:
In the first part of this introduction to ETHICS RM, we provide step by step guidance on account creation and login, creating, submitting, recalling applications and the main work area screen. https://youtu.be/0QdYTCioDUo
In the second part of this introduction to ETHICS RM, we provide step by step guidance on sharing, transferring form to colleagues and system 'roles', creating post-approval items and existing applications from online forms. https://youtu.be/SxxOQVz0HMk
If you encounter any issues issues please email email@example.com
Your study documents
The data migration from our former IT system (Online Forms) to ETHICS RM happened over two weekends. The first weekend brought all ETHICS RM study data and meta data. The second weekend starting 4 September migrated all supporting documents.
As of 8 September, you are now able to open all supporting documents.
Provisional approved studies
For studies that are currently provisionally approved before 1 September - you will need to submit your documents via email to HDECS@health.govt.nz with ‘Response to Provisional Approval PRE ETHICS RM’ in title.
Going forward, all new provisional approvals will be submitted through ETHICS RM. The HDECs Secretariat will upload the documents and send them for review.
More information about ETHICS RM is available at: https://ethics.health.govt.nz/ethics-review-manager/ethics-review-fact-sheet/